Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Here's Your Sign (Thanks Bill Engvall)

I know it's going to be one of those days when I turn on the news and have some kinds of comment about everything on there. This morning was one of those.

I'm constantly amazed at the stupidity of some people, or maybe it's arrogance, or maybe there's no difference between the two. One thing that really got me going this morning was the news story about four Americans who were killed by the Somali pirates. Let me preface this by saying that I'm sorry that four people are dead and I feel for their families, but let's get real people.

I don't know about you,but the thought of taking a vacation, in my rich people yacht, in pirate infested waters, just screams "come and get me." To me, this would be like taking a vacation in Juarez, Mexico right now, just not gonna happen! Why is that some people with money think they are immune to the "hardships" in this world? Does having money erase your common sense? Must be some chemical they put in the ink of all those Benjamins.

Then, I got going even more when the earthquake story came on and I just wanted to reach through the TV and slap the crap out of the reporter. These are college educated people, right? I'm assuming they have studied journalism, but hey, you know what they say about assuming. ANYWAY, this stupid reporter asks questions like "How did you feel when your fiancee got pulled out of the rubble?" How the heck do you think she felt, pissed? I just don't understand why people would think we need to dumb down everything. If we didn't do that, then maybe common sense would still be around.

Instead of dumbing down everything, why don't we use the idea put forth by the comedian Bill Engvall. Just make stupid people wear signs, that way you know not to ask them anything. I know everyone has their moments (myself included) because stupid can be contagious. I'll throw myself on the fire here. I'll never forget this one instance in high school, and I'm not saying there was only one, when my parents invited some friends over. I asked mom "what time are they going to be here?" She replied "4:30, 5:00." Well, in my mind, I heard 4:35, so imagine my surprise when they arrived at 4:35! I thought my mom was just awesome and when I told her I was amazed that she nailed it, she just gave one of those looks like "Oh honey, you need to go lie down." :)

See, everyone has stupid moments, but some are so stupid they should get a Darwin award!

No comments:

Post a Comment